Posted to alt.home.repair
mike mike is offline

Default How to make a wooden lampshade

On Feb 14, 9:42*am, bud-- wrote:
On 2/13/2012 9:18 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 10:49:20 -0800 (PST), mike
*wrote:

On Feb 10, 6:20 pm, Ed *wrote:
A more apt analogy would be raising fish in a fish tank for months,
rather than fishing or going to to store.

Making a lampshade on a lathe is a rectal tonsillectomy. *It's going
about things the very hard way.

I repeat, you are obviously not a woodworker.

Oh brother. *You've obviously never heard of veneer.

Sure I have, but this is not the place to use it. *If you were a
woodworker, you'd understand. *The simplest way would be to go to Wal
Mart and buy a friggin shade, but that is not the point is it?

When I wanted a stand for my new TV, my choices were easy. *Buy one
for about $100, or make one for $150 in materials and 15+ hours labor.
I'm very proud of the stand I made. *One of a kind, solid oak.

Want to hear about the cutting boards I made for gifts? *The boxes?
The trivets? *All could have been bought for less money, less energy,
less time. *All would have been boring too.

mike is right.

Da Vinci was wasting so much time painting he finally had to give up and
do something useful. He became a productive member of society as a janitor.