Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Dead Canon PowerShot A75

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 18:31:54 -0600, "Dallas"
wrote:

Geez.. here's a silly happy ending. Pretty much gave the camera up
for dead, then as a last resort I cleaned the battery door contacts
with alcohol and a toothbrush.

Nicely done.

I don't know about you, but this has never worked for anything I've
tried to fix... until this time. Pressed the on button and bing,
back to life.

Many digital cameras have an external DC power connector. I have a
univeral camera power supply. Something like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230711142835
Whenever I suspect a power related problem, I try the external power
supply. The last one turned out to be a piece of paper that had
fallen into the battery cave, and had blocked the battery connector.

The external power supply is also handy for using a digital camera,
with the all too common broken LCD, as a security camera or webcam.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D