Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike Tomlinson Mike Tomlinson is offline

Default Help! I've burned up 3 SATA drives today

En el artículo , root
escribió:

Thanks for responding. A long time ago I had a SATA drive with both
power connectors. None of the drives I ruined were the dual power
socket types.

OK, so that rules that out. Worth mentioning though.

I have a lot of the Chinese adapter cables, and
the ones I used were from China: Deal Extreme.

I've bought stuff from them via ebay and have been happy.

I have put a brand new ThermalTake power supply in. I have to
wait until I can round up some old SATA drives for testing.

I can't imagine what the problem might be, but hope you don't blow up
any more drives ;o)

There's some knowledgeable people on

Suggest you post there. Beware of the group troll, Rod Speed. Best
killfiled.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)