Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default 12V 10W solar panel to charge car battery

On 14/02/2012 10:24, RobertL wrote:
On Feb 12, 8:39 pm, The Natural
wrote:
M.Joshi wrote:
Hello all,

I'm thinking of connecting a 12V 10W solar panel permanently to my
vehicle battery as I am not using it very often.

The battery keeps going flat in the cold weather.

You will have noticed that weather is cold because , by and large the
sun doesn't come out much, or for long, and its a bit weak when it
does, so exactly what do you hope to achieve by this ridiculous exercise
in naïveté?

What an abrasive and sarcastic reply to a very reasonable request for
advice.

Perhaps, but it *is* exactly on the mark.

We are up to the eyeballs in solar powered radar triggered warning signs
round here on dangerous bends that fail with monotonous regularity in
mid winter at the first sign of a hard frost.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown