Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cynic Cynic is offline

Default Metal theft. The biters bit

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 15:15:53 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

What do I need or want a PUB for?

Purely for the social experience of physically being amongst a crowd
of people, even if you are not actually interacting with many of them.
Human psychology is such that for most people it is at times
preferable to be surrounded by many strangers than being alone or in a
smaller group of people.

I have visited several small uninhabited islands that had beautiful
sandy beaches that were completely deserted. After the novelty of
being in such places had worn off, I found that I much preferred being
on a beach that has plenty of people on it (so long as it is not
overcrowded).

--
Cynic