Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Robert Macy[_2_] Robert Macy[_2_] is offline

Default Isolation transformer draws excessive current under no load condition

On Feb 13, 4:37*pm, "Phil Allison" wrote:
"Robert Macy"

** Is there any way to shut fools like you up ??

Adding caps will indeed have NO effect on the tranny, but WILL improve
the PF as seen by your AC mains,

** Absolute BULL**** !!!!!!!!!

which means the amount of power you
drop in your wiring [and pay for] will be less.

** Absolute *IDIOCY !!!!!!!

Adding caps is a STANDARD way to adjust power factor to 1.

** But never used with an off load transformer - *because that idea is 100%
STUPID.

* *YOU are an obsessed IDIOT with a one track mind.

... *Phil

I stand by what I said as technically correct.

Many, many technical journals, text books, and supporting calculations
based upon terms of definition confirm what I said.

Quit spewing vitriole, making erroneous statements, *and* misleading.

CONTRIBUTE, EDUCATE, and LEARN!