Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default glazing bow windows on 80 year old house... question about inside window

On Feb 12, 2:46*pm, KOS wrote:
hi, I have recently relgazed a large bow window on my house. my house
is appox 80 years old. my question is regarding the inside of the
window. I am going to paint the inside of the window . Side note-
since the windows had very poor glazing- lots of moisture seeped into
the inside section of the window and has caused the paint in the house
to peel. I am in the process of scrapping the paint from the inside
section of the bow windows- this is- inside the hosue.. Is it
necessary to put any glaze compound on the inside of the window? or
should I just put paint there... Again, the outside have been
reglazed- my question is about the *inside.. *Thanks

Your best bet would be to seal the inside glass/wood interface with a
curing type oil. Linseed oil (boiled) is good, tung oil is better.
Read the directions on the tung oil container for diluents like
turpentine, or whatever, and thin as need to allow maximum
penetration. Wipe off the excess as directed, and recoat as
reccommended. The cure will take several weeks, after which the wood
can be painted.

Joe