Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Low hot water output

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 15:41:13 -0800 (PST), Joe wrote:

On Feb 13, 5:32*pm, Andy wrote:
I am trying to figure out why I run out of hot water for my bathtub.

Tub is from the mid 50's using a gas water heater.

I flushed out the hot water tank but it was only slightly rust
colored.

Thanks,
* * * * * * * *Andy

Thermostat may be obscured by a layer of crud if the WH is fairly old.
May also need a new dip tube to help it deliver just heated water.
Considering the current prices on WH's it makes sense to keep it going
a few more years. For now, turn up the thermostat a bit to see if that
will help.

Joe

.... just to add-on... I've drained two WH's in my life time. In a few
short months both leaked and flooded my garage. Happens at the worst
of times. I did have one that leaked (past warranty), but was
returned and I was given a new one. The latter was never drained.

When they go bad, it only takes me a couple hours of labor / store
time to replace them. Nor, do I buy them with the longest warranty.
Six year warranty works for me.