Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes Mike Barnes is offline

Default Those wonderful 1970's

Tim Streater :
In article ,
Mike Barnes wrote:

Tim Streater :
In article ,
Mike Barnes wrote:

Tim Streater :
I should prolly get the crossovers on the IMFs done, though, also.
I recommend these people: http://www.falconacoustics.co.uk/

Parts only, though?

AFAIK yes, but resoldering capacitors should be OK for a uk.d-i-yer
I'd
have thought. For my speakers Falcon sold complete crossovers with
improved circuitry, which made the job a bit easier.

True, but these speakers are not small or light:

http://www.marklev.com/IMF/Promon/promonmkiii.html

Bloody heavy in fact. And it's non-obvious how to get to the x-over too
:-)

For mine the original publicity
http://www.saturn-sound.com/images%2...udio%20r50.jpg
boasts that they're "quite inconveniently (98 lbs) heavy" but that's
pretty lightweight compared with those.

Falcon will no doubt be able to put you in contact with someone able to
fit their caps to your speakers. IME it's that sort of company.

--
Mike Barnes