Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Atlas Lathe

Jim Wilkins wrote:

"David Billington" wrote in message
Michael A. Terrell wrote:

How hard would it be to modify it to use a stepper or servo drive?

The last lathe I used was a worn out navy surplus lathe in high
school.

Why?

The power longitudinal and cross feeds, if it has them, should still be good
enough to rough-turn stock close enough. If it's worn you may have to
manually finish diameters to measured size in short sections anyway.

I was just curious. I like to build things and it was just an idea
for a project, someday.