Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Recycling gone mad

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 15:10:29 +0000, Bill wrote:

Our lot have just launched a consulatation on closing several

HWRC's
and introducing a charge for the disposal of soil, rubble,

asbestos,
plasterboard and car
tyres.

People will just flytip.

I would really like to know if anyone has done any research into the
amount of flytipping versus the easy of use of council tips.

Those that flytip will flytip regardless. Personally I think it's
easier to break stuff up and bung it in a bag for the regular
collection to take away(*). Rather than load it up, use fuel driving
it somewhere, unloading and driving back.

(*) At least two sofa's have left here in that manner. Decent bits of
timber being used as fire wood (not that there is much decent timber
in most sofas).

Then worked out what is more cost effective, awkward tips or tidying up
the tipping. Probably comes out of two different budgets and so neither
will care about the other.

It will all be the "enviroment" budget but might be different bits of
the enviroment department.

--
Cheers
Dave.