Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 12V 10W solar panel to charge car battery

wrote:
On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 20:39:44 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

You will have noticed that weather is cold because , by and large the
sun doesn't come out much, or for long, and its a bit weak when it
does, so exactly what do you hope to achieve by this ridiculous exercise
in naïveté?

Because it works, you arse.

Only in bright sunlight.

Once again, we see TNP pontificating about something he knows **** all
about, never having tried it.

Beats lying and pretending that I have tho.

The insolation figures for the country are well known and widely available.

If you really think a solar panel in winter is going to be cheaper than
an occasional boost from a normal charger, feel free to waste our money.

But don't encourage others to waste theirs.