Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default OT - Recycling gone mad

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 19:41:41 +0000, Part Timer wrote:

but then I suppose they can't turn down more problematic stuff like
asbestos sheets.

Our lot have just launched a consulatation on closing several HWRC's
and introducing a charge for the disposal of soil, rubble, asbestos,
plasterboard and car
tyres.

I take it they'll be reducing your council tax to match?

Thought not. I wonder how much they will then spend on clearing up the
flytipping that is guaranteed to result.

Feck, how to councils employ such thick ****s? Is there a special
vocational
path in schools? "Are you a bit of a thick **** - but enjoy being part of
team: come work for a council!"

You say this in bitter jest, but unfortunately this is an approximate
summary of the recruiting policy for most local authorities.
Anyone who is competent can get more money doing a similar job in the
private sector.

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)