Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Recycling gone mad

Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 19:41:41 +0000, Part Timer wrote:

but then I suppose they can't turn down more problematic stuff like
asbestos sheets.

Our lot have just launched a consulatation on closing several HWRC's
and introducing a charge for the disposal of soil, rubble, asbestos,
plasterboard and car
tyres.

I take it they'll be reducing your council tax to match?

Thought not. I wonder how much they will then spend on clearing up the
flytipping that is guaranteed to result.

Feck, how to councils employ such thick ****s? Is there a special vocational
path in schools? "Are you a bit of a thick **** - but enjoy being part of a
team: come work for a council!"

http://www.opinionsuite.com/cumbria/...il/environment
/hwrc

Charge for those things? Stuff that I'll just cut 'em up into
smallish bits put them in the blue bag for collection by the ordinary
weekly collection. The nearest Cumbrian HWRC is 22 miles away, The
actual nearest one is Northumberlands at Allendale about 16 miles
away. I have to justify the trip by either havinga car and trailer
full or by combining it with another trip for something else.

--
Tim Watts