Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] tinnews@isbd.co.uk is offline

Default 12V 10W solar panel to charge car battery

wrote:
On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 18:31:48 +0000, M.Joshi
wrote:

I'm thinking of connecting a 12V 10W solar panel permanently to my
vehicle battery as I am not using it very often.

The battery keeps going flat in the cold weather.

What I wanted to know is if others have done this

Yep; I did it for years, as I'd just bought a new battery for my car
but wasn't using it much (at all).
It kept the battery up to snuff until last winter, when -18degC killed
it.

Do you know if it was actually better than not doing anything?

--
Chris Green