Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Hot Water Recirculating Pump

On Feb 13, 5:08*am, Steve Barker wrote:
On 2/12/2012 10:13 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Feb 12, 8:34 pm, Steve *wrote:
On 2/12/2012 6:30 PM, Bob F wrote:

Steve Barker wrote:
the 'waste' is minimal during cooling season. *and zero during heating
season. *It's about instant hot water, not about energy. *I could
really give a big rats ass if my gas bill goes up by 85 cents a month
to have instant hot. *Thanks for your input. *The pump setups don't
save anything.

Mine certainly does.

i can't imagine what it saves. *it's not time or energy.

--
Steve Barker

In the case of the ATOH situation, it saves a full minute's worth of
water at whatever flow rate the sink faucet is.

if it's a really long run , that might be a half gallon. *Not enough
savings to offset having to run that pump.

--
Steve Barker
remove the "not" from my address to email- Hide quoted text -

If it's a large building, the water might never get hot.
Not appropriate to the domestic house unless your name's Saddam
Hussein.