Posted to alt.home.repair
Roanin Roanin is offline

Default Hot Water Recirculating Pump

"Bob F" wrote in message
Steve Barker wrote:
On 2/12/2012 6:30 PM, Bob F wrote:
Steve Barker wrote:
the 'waste' is minimal during cooling season. and zero during
heating season. It's about instant hot water, not about energy. I
could really give a big rats ass if my gas bill goes up by 85 cents
a month to have instant hot. Thanks for your input. The pump
setups don't save anything.

Mine certainly does.

i can't imagine what it saves. it's not time or energy.

Time and water. Push the button as I enter the bathroom. Water is hot
immediately when I turn on the faucet after using the toilet, with no
waste down the drain.
Also, if you have a septic system less water down the drain is better for
its longevity.