Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Atlas Lathe

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Snag wrote:
I got #35 . I joined the Navy to stay out of 'Nam . Guess where they
sent
me ?

If it weren't for bad luck? ;-)

I witnessed the reenlistment of several second-tour GIs who wanted badly to
get out of Germany and back to Nam.

If I understood them right, in the US and Germany they were Hispanic but in
Vietnam they became Rich White Americans.

Most people left the Kaserne only to go drinking in English-speaking bars.
It wasn't generally considered a good assignment, even in the university
party town of Heidelberg (where I spent every off-duty minute).

jsw