Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default OT - Recycling gone mad

"Jonathan" wrote in message
On Feb 11, 7:47 pm, Bob Minchin
wrote:
Bill wrote:
In message , Bob Minchin
writes

Our local tip has a area set aside for selling stuff - they positively
encourage recycling - as long as they get some cash.
I've even managed to 'order' an item from our lot as they run a number
of local tips and called back a few days later to collect it.

Bob

Brilliant, I like it, which part of the country?

Hampshire. Our sites are run by Hopkinshttp://www.hopkinsrecycling.co.uk/

I wanted a 'calor' gas cylinder to use as an air receiver.
They wanted a tenner but said I only had £4 in cash which seemed to be
acceptable and was trousered in milliseconds.

Bob

*Used to happen here in Warwickshire until the council took control of
*the site again recently.

*Jonathan

I think I am sensing a common theme here.
Service being made less user friendly.

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)