Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Atlas Lathe

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 06:19:44 -0600, Karl Townsend
wrote:

Buying one lottery ticket is like standing in your back yard and reaching
for the moon. Buying a thousand lottery tickets is like standing on a phone
book reaching for that moon. I buy one every once in a while...you've got
to have a ticket to win! I know a lot of people and institutions that could
use the help and I doubt it would change my life much at all.

I won the draft lottery, and almost ended up in Vietnam.

Shoot, I couldn't even win that. I drew number 312 and didn't get to
go

I won, too. My number was 53, the same as my year of birth. I got my
Report For Induction Physical letter while I was getting ready to head
home from tech school, so they told me to reapply at the local Draft
Board when I got there. Luckily, the area was full of Marine, Navy
bases, so they had filled their quota already and I got a pass. I
didn't go to Vietnam, either. (Whew!) I didn't believe in the war, but
I was appalled at the treatment the 'Nam soldiers got on their return.
I've never been more disgusted in my fellow countrymen, who spit on
brave men who had just risked their lives for us.

I did go out and tie one on that night.

Ditto.

--
To use fear as the friend it is, we must retrain and reprogram ourselves...
We must persistently and convincingly tell ourselves that the fear is