Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner[_3_] Steve Turner[_3_] is offline

Default Festool power tools.

On 2/11/2012 7:41 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 15:40:40 -0600,
wrote:

On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 09:14:37 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Not to those who had already filtered them. All they see is some old
troll being brought back into the light by some new id^H^Hperson.
Just sayin'...

Agreed that if you have the person filtered and you see response to to
bozo whom you have in a bin, it can **** you off a bit, but this is
usenet other than killfiling the group there is not an answer.

So install a virtual filter (the next message please and move on).

Maybe there is an answer?

I just hate to killfile all my buddies just because they play with
trolls too damned much...

I've piddled with bozo bin filters maybe a half dozen times in my entire
Usenet-reading "career" (getting close to two decades now) and I concluded LONG
ago that they're just more trouble than they're worth. I don't filter anybody;
I use my Evelyn Wood powers of speed reading to quickly scan every post, and I
usually decide within a half second or less whether or not it's something I
want to read. If it doesn't make the cut, my finger is automatically on the
"next" button and it doesn't take long at all to get rid of it. Seeing a lump
of nonsense from a troll is just one of a dozen or more possible scenarios that
might cause me to decide a post isn't worth my time, so how much time would
piddling with filters really save me? Virtually none at all. For you to place
so much stock in filters, to the point where you're actually "killfiling your
buddies" to avoid having to read the occasional diatribe from a troll just
seems ludicrous to me.

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/