Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Your helper better be old enough

On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 17:30:53 -0600, Dean Hoffman
" wrote:

... but a 15 year old can drive a car

"If you're tired of the passenger seat, you'll have to do a few things
for the Missouri DMV before you can hop behind the wheel. The first
step is to get an instruction permit, which lets first-time drivers
between the ages of 15 and 18 drive while accompanied by a qualified
person (someone over 21 with a valid license)."

Kids can get school permits here in Nebraska at the ripe old
age of 14.
Driving a farm tractor is probably a good way to get some of
the basics down. Maximum speed for most tractors is probably
around 25 mph.

I don't know Florida law now. At 12 (?) I got a work permit that
allowed me to work after school during school week. No permit was
needed to work on weekends.

At 14 I got my first driver's license. I could drive alone during day
light hours, but at night I had to have a licensed driver at least 16
years of age (sister).

I bought my first car at 14. Work is good as it teaches
responsibility, humility and gives experience never to be forgotten.

Working a shovel on farms made me go to work for the government G