Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Hey Canucks

On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 15:09:38 -0600, Swingman wrote:

On 2/11/2012 3:02 PM, Swingman wrote:

I don't have a dog in the fight, despite having been in the O&G business
myself, and raised by a geophysicist, but I can tell you one simple
concept that will stop any possible nonsense, in this _and ANY other
industry:_

Start making corporate EMPLOYEES and OFFICERS responsible for all
provable violations and put them in PRISON when criminal negligence is
involved in company operations.

What is so frackin' hard to comprehend about that??

Excellent idea, where applicable.

Case in point:

Pfizer pleaded guilty in 2009 to the largest health care fraud in U.S.
history and received the largest criminal penalty ever levied for
illegal marketing of four of its drugs: Bextra, Geodon, Zyvox, and
Lyrica. Called a repeat offender, this was Pfizer's fourth such
settlement with the U.S. Department of Justice in the previous ten years.

Line 'em up against the wall. Somebody will find a way to deal with
them sooner or later.

--
To use fear as the friend it is, we must retrain and reprogram ourselves...
We must persistently and convincingly tell ourselves that the fear is