Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_4_] Bob Minchin[_4_] is offline

Default OT - Recycling gone mad

David WE Roberts wrote:
Some may have noticed that I am trying to find a couple of knobs, one
for a cooker the other for a fan heater.

Doing our bit for recycling down at the local tip, my Lady Wife noticed
that there were some cookers there for recycling.

Being an open and honest sort, she asked if she could take a knob off
one of the cookers.

"Sorry", she was told, "nothing allowed off site".

Which makes a mockery of recycling, but is presumably an edict to stop
people justifying nicking stuff with the connivance of the staff.

Moral - next time I shall shout "Gordon Bennet - that seagull is more
like a vulture" or something equally stupid to distract these guardians
of the unwanted whilst herself helps herself.
Or we may send in an undercover snatch squad :-)

I am assuming, of course, that there is no monetary value in the plastic
knobs on scrap cookers.

Sigh - a few years back you were allowed to take or buy useful bits that
others had thrown away.

Cheers

Dave R

Our local tip has a area set aside for selling stuff - they positively
encourage recycling - as long as they get some cash.
I've even managed to 'order' an item from our lot as they run a number
of local tips and called back a few days later to collect it.

Bob