Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Repairing pinhole leaks

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 13:55:38 -0500, "Robert Green"
wrote:

I noticed a small spot of water on the basement floor this morning and
looked up to see a tiny pinhole leak in the copper pipe (tube?) directly
above. It leaks a droplet every few hours, so it's something that a rag

is
absorbing for now.

I have always heard you can push a pencil in and break off the lead.
Never tried it though.

When I have nothing but a pencil left to try, perhaps I will. (-: The
pinhole is so small I don't even think I CAN get a pencil lead in there.
We're talking two or three drops a day - just enough to leave a mark on the
floor. You do win the "most unusual solution" award, though. g

--
Bobby G.