Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - More on generation (sigh) but what is the alternative to coal?

Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 16:27:32 +0000, Tim Watts wrote:

I suspect a lot of protestors (ie the "fashional protestor" as opposed
to the ones with deeply held core beliefs) will have a sudden awakening
when their lights go out 4 times a week for 3-5 hours throughout the
entire winter.

Remember the 3 day week and power cuts on rota published in the
newspapers?

Ah yes - I was there too. As a kid, it was hilarious fun. Huddled around the
coal fire (as the CH was dead), mother producing sandwiches if the cut
happened to prevented cooking at the usual time. Parafin lamp.

I think the difference was: people knew it was down to the unions and it
would get sorted in the short term. Imagine the panic if someone told the
country "it will take several years to get additional generation on line -
this will happen every winter".

It's the modern greeny nimby dickhead ******* who doesn't want anything
built, but is happy to enjoy the fruits of the same, that I want to nut.

After you.

We can share - plenty to go around...

--
Tim Watts