Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Your helper better be old enough

On 2/10/2012 1:41 PM, HeyBub wrote:
" The Department of Labor has proposed new rules that would restrict
children under the age of 16 from working on a farm or ranch. The list of
tasks youth would not be allowed to do is astonishing to me. For example,
milking cows would not be allowed, and neither would building a fence. One
item that stood out to me was that no youth under the age of 16 would be
allowed to use a tool that was powered by any source other than hand or foot
power. That would eliminate youth using flashlights, garden hoses (because
hoses are powered by water) battery operated screwdrivers, etc. When
hearing this, my son asked me if that meant he no longer had to brush his
teeth since his toothbrush was battery operated. "

http://chrischinn.wordpress.com/2012...k-on-our-farm/

(How can you teach your children if you've forgotten how to use an
old-fashioned hammer?)

More nanny state male bovine droppings. ^_^

TDD