Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] hrhofmann@att.net is offline

Default DC motor problems

On Feb 10, 6:40*pm, m II wrote:
VWWall wrote:
DaveC wrote:
Any chance that the angle between the brushes and the field got
changed on reassembly?
[John Larkin

Is there only one correct orientation? Or 2?

Two--one for each direction! :-) Whenever I disassemble a motor, I
scratch a mark across the "parting line(s)". Then I know how to
re-assemble it.

The idea is good, but there's a better way. Use a punch and put matching
dimples across the 'parting lines'. Put one set on one end and two sets
on the other.

mike

He now knows the importance of some sort of a mark