Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default Engine Hoist, convert to more useful crane.

"Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable)" wrote in message

But up the steel gauge on that main post another notch, as you are
increasing the stresses on it. And no shortcuts - nice multiple pass
welds with good penetration. And if you don't trust your welding or
don't have a big enough machine to do it right, just tack it together
and have someone who lays down big beads every day do the real
welding.

I wouldn't mess with the lifting arm ratings or geometry at all, or
moving the fulcrum point for the hoist cylinder.

-- Bruce --

I have a little over 400A AC/DC TIG/Stick for welding at my home shop,
should be enough for a small (1/2-1 ton) crane.

RogerN