Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default cutting (US) pipe taper thread

On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 17:55:18 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 17:17:51 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

It's easy. Just hook that weedwhacker driveshaft from the end of the
leadscrew to the compound handle.

I was thinking about a gear train and sliding spline...no, huh? g
Ed Huntress

A countershaft hung from the ceiling to turn the pulley on the compound
handle, like the old Pratt & Whitney high-speed grinder drives.

The bigger the better, for a retro visual effect to match your Heavy 10. Can
you still find round leather sewing machine belting in NY?

jsw

I haven't looked for round leather belting, but I can come up with
plenty of flyball governors and a canary that will sing when some food
drops down in his cage, which excites a cat, which jumps onto a ledge
connected to a bellcrank, which trips a pinball flapper that pushes a
big marble onto a chute....

--
Ed Huntress