Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default How to make a wooden lampshade

On Feb 10, 4:06*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 08:21:04 -0800 (PST), mike
wrote:

On Feb 9, 4:12 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Video. Stick around to the end. The final result is, well,
interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgsDW...layer_embedded

How asinine.

This is incredibly expensive, stupidly fragile, and a wood pattern
could have been printed on a more standard shade easily.

Obviously, you are not a woodworker. *You could not be more wrong. You
can also buy lamp shades at Wal Mart.

Some day I may have a lathe and I'd like to make something like that
As for expensive, the wood may have been free. *I've had and burned
many logs like that. *The only cost is a penny or two for the
electricity turning the lathe.

From the video we can't tell whether he wasted valuable energy or whether
the lathe was pedel-powered. (Think of the poor people in darkest Africa!)

Some folks like to grouse before all the facts are in.- Hide quoted text -

The real waste was by me getting fascinated by all the U-tube vids and
wasted 3 hours watching them last night when I could have been
pedaling a bike to charge up a battery.

Harry K