Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels[_3_] Lee Michaels[_3_] is offline

Default My last dumb ass purchase

"Edward A. Falk" wrote in message
In article ,
Pat Barber wrote:

2.Tape measures (thousands)

Check. But you can never have too many of those. If there
isn't one within arm's reach, you don't have enough.

Yep, I hear that. I have three tape measures sitting beside me when I type
this. In my youth, I kept losing my tape measure. So I bought another. I
kept losing them. I bought another. A little better, but still spent lots
of time trying to locate that damned tape measure. then one day I was at a
surplus yard and they were closing out a line of tape measures that went out
of business. They came in bright colors, yellow, orange, green. They were
only a buck or two each. I bought the whole box. I have never failed to
find a tape measure since. And I bought some more when I needed something
bigger or better for a specific job.

Some folks think I have a tape measure fetish. I have them in the kitchen,
living room, office, my wife's sewing room and bedrooms. I have a tape
measure and a set of calipers in all the vehicles. And, of course, a number
of them in the shop.