Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - More on generation (sigh) but what is the alternative to coal?

Weatherlawyer wrote:

On Feb 10, 11:24 am, Tim Watts wrote:

Let bring on the blackouts. I hope London goes out first. Few hours here
and there. I have a feeling that the nuclear expansion programme will get
doubled and completed in half the time then...

I have a feeling that protesters to that will be a lot more violent
and a lot better organised than they were in the good old days.

They may have banned guns in this country but they haven't banned the
people willing to use them.

I suspect a lot of protestors (ie the "fashional protestor" as opposed to
the ones with deeply held core beliefs) will have a sudden awakening when
their lights go out 4 times a week for 3-5 hours throughout the entire
winter.

Especially if that happens around 6-10pm every night (most likely time).

Anyone who's left who still thinks nuclear is bad, I would at least be
prepared to buy a pint for.

It's the modern greeny nimby dickhead ******* who doesn't want anything
built, but is happy to enjoy the fruits of the same, that I want to nut.

--
Tim Watts