Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Is this expensive for partition wall battens

On 10/02/2012 05:48, NT wrote:
On Feb 10, 5:45 am, wrote:
On Feb 9, 8:56 pm, wrote:

I have been quoted this for 2 x 2 wood for building a partition wall....

47 X 50 MM WHITEWOOD OFF SAW TREATED 48.00 £77.02 100 M £36.97
I think the above means 48M charged at £77 per 100M rate =£36.97

Question ..does it have to be treated? or should I be able to use
something cheaper?

The wall will be this size...
Wall width (9ft 8inches 2 x lengths) Floor ceiling height (9ft 9
inches x 8 lengths)

No need for treated wood, unless its likely to get wet regularly, eg
next to a bath.

NT

2x2 for a partition wall is very slender. If skimmed it'll pop bits of
the skim off, and either way it'll conduct sound terribly unless you
take effective soundproofing measures. 2x4 is more usual.
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...oise_reduction

NT

Thanks for reply NT.
Not bothered about sound insulation as it to create a walk-in wardrobe
in our bedroom.