Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave[_52_] Dave[_52_] is offline

Default My last dumb ass purchase

On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 23:27:28 -0500, wrote:
I know I haven't, unless I die tomorrow, or shortly there-after.

My last dumb ass purchase was the Bridge City Tools Jointmaker. That
particular purchase cost me close to $1800. When everything was said
and done, I ended up selling it basically unused for more than a 33%
loss.

Don't get me wrong, it's an excellent precise tool. Only problem with
it was that it's limited to a maximum of about 6" cuts. I didn't
consider that limitation when buying it mostly because I got caught up
with the glitz of the advertising videos.

So, even though I admit to having bought the occasional expensive,
unnecessary tool, I won't admit to that with my purchase of any
Festool products ~ not yet anyway.