Posted to rec.woodworking

Default My last dumb ass purchase

On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 23:16:54 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 22:37:48 -0500, "John Grossbohlin"
wrote:

"Edward A. Falk" wrote in message
In article ,
Pat Barber wrote:

If everybody on this list fessed up about the drawer full of "magic"
tools they bought and rarely, if ever used, we would have some pretty
interesting threads on "my last dumb ass purchase".

OK, I'm in:

Dremel kit. Nothing wrong with it, but I've almost never used it.

Incra jig. Played with it, even wrote software to generate custom
templates. Didn't like the results.

If I had the money, I would have a shop full of Festool just because
I want my estate sale to be interesting.

I'll definitely go. Please let me know when you die.

...and make sure you understate the cost of the stuff to your family so they
under price it at the estate sale.

John

No danger there if he has a wife. If she knows even half the cost of
most of the stuff and still lets him buy it she's a REAL keeper!!!

And if a guy is still breathing it's a slim chance indeed that he
has made his LAST dumb-ass purchace, if he's really honest about it.

I know I haven't, unless I die tomorrow, or shortly there-after.