Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] news@jecarter.us is offline

Default My last dumb ass purchase

On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 03:07:26 +0000 (UTC), (Edward A.
Falk) wrote:

In article ,
Pat Barber wrote:

If everybody on this list fessed up about the drawer full of "magic"
tools they bought and rarely, if ever used, we would have some pretty
interesting threads on "my last dumb ass purchase".

OK, I'm in:

Dremel kit. Nothing wrong with it, but I've almost never used it.

Love my Dremel - both the ancient single speed one and the newer one
with a speed control.
Asked my dentist for the used diamond dust bits that usually get
thrown away at their dental end of life. They still work nicely to
trim little bits of ceramic tile (think: enlarging the hole in a tile
when replacing a 30+ year old duplex outlet with a GFCI version).
People might complain about the less than perfect grinding surface,
but the tile never says a word ;-)

John