Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Removing Aerator From Copper Faucet

On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 19:08:30 -0600, "Snowy"
wrote:

Hi,

I need to remove a clogged aerator from a copper clad faucet. The aerator
has corroded onto the faucet. How do I remove the aerator without damaging
it? The faucet is part of an expensive set.

Get a round sheet of rubber with little mountains on it. Maybe 5" in
diameter, although I once saw smaller.

I don't know if these are sold. I only see them given away free, with
advertising on them.

But try a few dollar stores.

If not, get a small rubber strap wrench.

If you use a piece of towell and pliers, the pliers will scratch the
chrome right through the towell. Maybe leather thick enough would
not let that happen, but it would have to be thicker than one would
think.

Thanks,
Gary