Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default Plumbing CPVC to blue pipe

On 2/9/2012 1:51 PM, Bob123 wrote:
On Feb 9, 8:22 am,
wrote:

If you're only going about a foot deep, using PVC as a
conduit sounds like a good idea to me too.

I'm guessing that you're talking about the electrical.
BEWARE !! Putting UF at 1 foot is a BAD IDEA !!

Around here, if that were the barrier, we have two

1) Go overhead..

2) Build a structure from A to B, typically a fence or
some sort ot hard barrier, and run the electrical
in conduit.

Waterlines are different. Both "1" and "2" are
impractical. Also buying enough dynamite to run
to code depth thru 60 feet of coral rock is also
impractical....

... but putting it as deep as one can, so one can
run a lawn tractor over it without mishap is really a
good idea....

We tend to be anally retentive about doing the
electrical right, and fairly relaxed about a water
line with a shutoff on each end.......

But.... I guess where you live... you don't have
the practical problems we have in south Florida.....

However, I really appreciate the advice on using PEX.
It seems like a good idea, as I've been reading tutorials
and specs on it , and it looks like all I have to do for the
main line is to get a piece cut to length, and get a
plumbing house to crimp two PEX to female copper
on each end..... Very straightforward and I won't have
to buy a $150 crimper..... I've seen a "pocket criimper"
for about 40 bucks, but still, that 20 bucks per crimp........

Time spent reading posts on this newsgroup is
time well spent, in my opinion...

Bob

you can rent that crimper at most rental joints.

--
Steve Barker