Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio,uk.tech.broadcast

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

David Looser wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote

They had UK outlets, and the 'voltmeter was about 1/2" * 3/4" like the
tiny VU meters that were popular 30 years ago in battery powered tape
recorders.

Now that I *would* like to see a photo of, because I cannot imagine what
they look like from that description. Wherabouts on the socket faceplate is
the meter fitted? You say they have UK outlets, so why are they not
available here? Why would the Chinese make UK sockets and only sell them in
Florida? it makes no sense.

I'm also still puzzled by the claim that "tourists" are buying socket
outlets in flea markets in the US to bring home with them. Socket outlets
are simply far too cheap here to make it worth the bother and expense of
purchasing with foreign currency and then having to pack in one's
weight-limited luggage.

They were a dollar. This isn't the same as what I saw, but it will
give you some idea:
http://i00.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/255041326/DZ_909A_6_way_power_outlet_with.jpg
since the meter was next to the power switch and cord.

"Look what I've brought you as a souvenir of my holiday in Florida, its a
cheaply made Chinese copy of a BS1363 outlet",

I can't see it somehow!

David.