Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default WILLARD MITT ROMNEY: "I'M NOT CONCERNED WITH THE POOR!"

On Feb 9, 1:57*pm, Donn Messenheimer
wrote:
On 2/9/2012 10:41 AM, rangerssuck wrote:

The leftist caricature of poverty is so misleading as to be for all
intents and purposes a lie. *You take what is in fact an extremely
unrepresentative sample, of people who clearly are not typical of the
poor, and call that the typical face of poverty. *It's lying.-

I will not respond to your knee-jerk cut& *paste garbage except to say
that you are quoting numbers, and I am telling you what I have seen
with my own eyes and heard with my own ears and helped with my own
hands.

In other words: *anecdotes, of dubious authenticity.

Get in your car, and drive to Center for Food Action 192 W Demarest
Ave Englewood, NJ 07631 Talk to the people who come there to pick up
their food packages. Listen to their stories. Go out with the people
who work there, deliver some food packages to people who can't pick
them up. Then get back to me about the "dubious authenticity" of my
words.

Your behavior here is typical of the right-wingers (though I can't say
that I've never seen left-wingers act similarly, it just seems to come
a whole lot more from the right) - If someone presents data points
that don't fit your preconceived view of things, you brand them as a
liar. You just don't seem to have room in your head for the notion
that you (or your party) could be wrong. To which I say, grow up.

You can talk about your fractions of a percent all you want,
but I have to ask, just how many hungry people is an OK number for
you? If they're so non-existent, can I give them your address?

I didn't say that it is okay for anyone to be hungry. *What I said is
you are grotesquely overstating the problem, and implicit in the subject
line of this thread is the accusation that Romney doesn't care about
destitute people at all. *That accusation is false, and you are lying
about the severity and extent of poverty

I am not overstating anything. Romney's words were taken out of
context and shouldn't have been, but I don't for a second doubt that
his feelings about the poor are similar to yours. He's obviously never
seen poverty, and simply has no idea what it means to be hungry. On
the other hand, perhaps he HAS seen poverty, and he DOES understand
what it means to be hungry, and his heart is just made of stone.

Either way, Romney says that the poor are protected by "safety nets."
I've got news for him (and you): Those nets are full of holes. Come to
the address I listed above, and introduce yourself to some folks who
have fallen through those holes. Let me know when you're coming - I'll
meet you there. Anybody who advertizes that Wieber blows can't be all
bad ;-)