Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Ubuntu Linux : Internet connection : How?

On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 14:01:43 -0700, Steve Ackman wrote:

On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 13:05:15 +0800, wrote:

Installed Ubuntu...

As you can see by now, there's not just one way to
do network stuff. (I'm not even going to go down the ifconfig road at
this point.)
It would probably help (or might not) if you said
which version of Ubuntu you've installed.

And whether Ubuntu appears to see the wireless hardware.

From the original post it's not clear whether the problem is one of
setting up the network (you have to point the 'puter to the right one(s))
or getting the computer to see the wireless hardware (which sometimes
requires that you turn on and/or download drivers for the specific
hardware).

http://www.wescottdesign.com