Posted to alt.home.repair

Default sweating copper

On Feb 9, 12:45*pm, wrote:
On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 14:59:02 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller

wrote:
wrote in
:

On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 02:50:09 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller
wrote:

wrote in
:

Chloramine is a mixture of chlorine and ammonia

It is nothing of the sort.

Chloramines are ammonia derivatives, in which one or more hydrogen
atoms have been replaced by chlorine atoms.

Stick to subjects you know something about; this isn't one of them.
* I should have said "basically".

noun
any of several compounds containing chlorine and nitrogen; used as an
antiseptic in wounds [syn: chloramine]

And I AM correct.

No, you're not.

Chloramine(s)
Definition:
A class of amines, chloramines are produced when ammonia and chlorine
(as hypochlorous acid) react with each other.

That's not at all the same thing as "a mixture of" the two.

*No? If you mix them they react. You get Chloamines as a byproduct of
the reaction.- Hide quoted text -

Sorry, but you're just going deeper into the swamp that
has trapped you. I mix 2 moles of hydrogen and one
mole of oxygen. That is a MIXTURE. It's a mixture
because it's still composed of the same molecules
that went into it. I could still seperate out either component
without breaking any molecular bonds, using chemical
reacitons, etc. It's like the oil and vinegar on your salad.
Now, if I ignite it or expose it to the right catalyst, then I
get water which is a very different substance. Capiche?