Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Engine Hoist, convert to more useful crane.

On Feb 9, 6:52*am, "RogerN" wrote:
I understand the replies about safety and how it would become unstable with
the load able to swing outside the wheel area and cause the crane to tip
over, etc. *But, since this is a metalworking newsgroup, and most cranes
that I know of, including the 60 ton crane we have at work, are constructed
using metalworking, I don't agree with the replies that say I shouldn't do
it.

RogerN

i think people are saying if you have to ask for advice here, you are
not really up to modifying a engine hoist.

In industry when making a modification to a lifting device, you are
required to get the original manufacturer to sign off on the
modification. I was not in the group that did those sorts of things,
but I think it is an OSHA requirement.

Dan