Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Thursday ITV 19:30 ... The cost of going green

In article , The Other Mike
writes
On Wed, 8 Feb 2012 22:56:44 +0000, geoff wrote:

Just a heads up for anyone who hasn't noticed

"Jonathan Maitland looks at whether the Government's commitment to
renewable energy could increase our household bills"

Oh dear, can't stand him. Sounds like it will be a superficial treatment
but may be worth a record and fast forward through.

Its a pity that we haven't got someone in government with the big
enough balls to say no more consent for any gas fired generation, no
more incentives for wind turbines or solar. Someone that will stick
up two fingers at the Large Combustion Directive, and start building,
with public funds, a fleet of nukes in or very near cities such that
waste heat can be utilised, together with a couple of tidal barrages,
and expand use of our coal reserves rather than import.

Then we get base load from nukes, a regular dose of renewables that
are very predictable, fill in the gaps with coal and in the short term
gas, at lower cost than ****ing about with useless, countryside
destroying wind turbines and feed in tariffs for solar panels that
fleece us all (I'd revoke all the existing agreements too)

Pretty much agree on that.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .