Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Brentnall[_2_] Adrian Brentnall[_2_] is offline

Default Commercial (shop) lighting - recommendations?

On 08/02/2012 22:39, wrote:
On Tue, 07 Feb 2012 19:14:15 +0000, Nightjar
wrote:

I think it was in Muenster that I saw a shop that sold blown glass art.
It had a flat screen display in the window, showing a video of how some
of the items were made. Movement is always eye catching and it was also
very interesting to watch.

I first saw that for real in the Isle of Man - the street that runs
parallel to Douglas Prom had a glassblower doing his stuff in the
shopfront - fascinating, and it wasn't just me as a lad found it so;
the people stopping for a gander were of all ages/shapes/sizes.

I've done that at craft shows - not hot glass, but making little
suncatchers from stained glass.

It's very popular, but you really need a.n.other to do the selling while
you're doing the demonstrating...

We've the room in this new location to run mini-courses / demos as well
- and I think that'll create some interest and hopefully some purchases too!

Adrian