Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default AC connection - flaring pipe

On Wed, 08 Feb 2012 22:12:53 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

The plastic check valve disintegrating on the brake vacuum booster was a
common problem on GM cars years ago. My mother drove a 66 Oldsmobile
that had the valve come apart and luckily I was driving the car when it
happened and I had the strength in my legs to operate the brakes. I got

BTW, it's a good thing you were driving and not your mother.

another new and improved valve and spent 10 minutes replacing it. ^_^

They had an improved valve? I guess that's not surprising, given
that the other one used to burst apart even though the spring inside
was prettty weak!. I think this happened to me about July of '67,
with a car bought maybe July of '65.

TDD