Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R. Birch David R. Birch is offline

Default WILLARD MITT ROMNEY: "I'M NOT CONCERNED WITH THE POOR!"

On 2/8/2012 7:18 PM, Hawwke-ptooey wrote:
On 2/7/2012 5:40 PM, wrote:
On Feb 7, 8:17 pm, wrote:

We need a capitalistic system with a lot of government involvement. Too
much of either one messes things up. Getting the right balance is the
hard part. But look around at other countries and you see some that have
done a lot better than we have.

Hawwke-ptooey

But you have been saying capitalism is bad, yet now you say we need
it. You can not argue both ways.

Dan

Capitalism can be bad or good depending on how it is run. The way we do
it is bad because it is benefiting a few tremendously and the majority
quite poorly. If you changed it to where it benefited the majority
tremendously and the rich not very then it would be a pretty good
system. It has potential but is not close to it at this point. It's not
a matter of all bad or all good. It's more complicated than that.

Hawwke-ptooey

"...how it is run."

Thank you, Hawwke-ptooey, you've really shown us all the depth of your
knowledge and wisdom. You've shown us how aware you are of the lives of
most of those in what was once known as the Third World. What you
consider poor would be to them unimagined wealth.

Guys, I think we should retire this thread and dedicate it as a memorial
to all the wisdom and knowledge that Hawwke-ptooey has displayed in his
time here. As a highly educated man, as evidenced by his having a poli
sci BA from ...somewhere..., we know we can look to him for guidance in
these uncertain times and also know that he can always be depended on to
tell us vaguely what the DNC wants us to think. Or feel. Or whatever...

David