Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default OT unsigned title

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 07 Feb 2012 21:42:26 -0600, Ignoramus465
wrote:

My bobtail is, as of now, fully registered and plated. I got 26,000
lbs plates for it. The plate is on it. While I do have insurance on
other vehicles, I have not purchased insurance for this bobtail, so I
do not drive it on public roads. I drive it on my property.

You have a bobtail, too? I thought you bought a rig (tractor) and
maybe a trailer.

Googlin'it, I guess my definition was wrong, but I always thought that
a bobtail was a box on the same frame, behind the cab:
http://tinyurl.com/7zgjkbh

--
To use fear as the friend it is, we must retrain and reprogram ourselves...
We must persistently and convincingly tell ourselves that the fear is

Bobtail is a bare tractor. It's actually also the most dangerous way to
drive one on the highway. That is because the entire suspension is set
up to work with lot's of weight. Without the weight the tires and weight
the rear end likes to dance around a lot. Hit a nice wet spot while
you're going uphill or around a turn and you can swap ends so fast the
seat will turn brown.....

--
Steve W.