Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Lack of suitable joint spacers is driving me crazy (my 1st flagstone walkway)

On Wed, 8 Feb 2012 14:44:17 +0000 (UTC), Chuck Banshee
wrote:

On Wed, 08 Feb 2012 07:22:13 -0500, dadiOH wrote:
fix the cracks by rubbing caulk into them before painting.

I had mentioned offhand in one of the posts that these cracks are leaking
water slightly. Over time, I'm sure that will get worse.

Someone had mentioned, IIRC, 'hydraulic cement'.

Is the inside of the water feature covered with the same material as
outside?

I didn't yet have time to research how to fix the crack. I'm not sure
what 'caulk' is (I'm used to bathroom caulk but I wonder how that's
different than grout).

BTW, is it "stucco mix" that the yellow wall is covered with?

It looks like stucco to me. Applied in three coats (my area). Yours
looks like it is "sand texture" finish. The smoothest finish texture
in stucco work I've seen to date.

You can buy a 1 QT. tub of "pre-mixed stucco patch" from HD. Rub that
into the cracks (get your gloves G). Then paint the repairs. How big
is the inside cracks? Post photos of the inside and outside cracks and
a close up the house wall...